Two Local Bands, One Great Cause!
On Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 6pm, the Daystar Center invites you to join in a night of inspiring music while supporting our community-building efforts. Purchase your tickets here.
There are so many reasons to attend:
- Enjoy awesome music from both bands in two sets.
- Relish a bonus collaboration set where the bands join together for an improvisational jam session.
- Be one of the first to hear about and see the future of Daystar Center! We will be making a big announcement and releasing a new website during the concert.
- General admission is only $15 and includes complimentary appetizers and BYOB. If you’d like, bring wine or beer to enjoy during the show. For an even better deal, advance tickets are 2 for $20 online only. This early-bird rate ends at midnight on Saturday February 28! Buy your tickets now.
- The concert is conveniently held at 1550 S. State Street in the Auditorium space located through Overflow Coffee Bar. Overflow will be open during the concert if you’d like to purchase a beverage or food.
Renegade Lightning Rebellion has been bringing their indie chamber-rock sound to Chicago and surrounding areas since summer 2011. This six-piece outfit performs an eclectic batch of songs that reflect such diverse influences as contemporary Indie music (Of Montreal and Dirty Projectors), classic jazz (Miles Davis and Charles Mingus) and classical chamber music. RLR has captivated audiences throughout Chicago with their deft handling of sudden shifts in energy and instrumentation – the band, almost all multi-instrumentalists, swap freely between such unique instruments as upright bass, oboe, trumpet, violin and accordion.
The Under Lines Quartet is a jazz group based out of Chicago, Illinois. The group is made up of guitarist Alex Ispa-Cowan, saxophonist Con Campbell, drummer Josh Calef, and bassist Jake Hawrylak. The group performs a mix of original compositions and their own take on jazz standards.
The Daystar Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting arts and culture. The Center’s events gather culture-lovers together and connect audiences with local artists. The Center hosted its first concert in 2012 and currently hosts theatre, musical, and film events multiple times per month. Event details can be found at http://www.daystarcenter.org/events.html.
Please call (312) 674-0001 for questions and to purchase tickets over the phone.