Daystar Center Benefit Dinner
Saturday, September 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Order your tickets now! A limited number of seats remain!
“Only in Chicago…” Experience an Evening of Diversity with food, drink, entertainment, art, and inspirational stories!
Hear. See. Taste. Experience.
Hear music, theatre, and inspirational stories.
See art and photos.
Taste Spanish tapas, sangria, and decadent desserts.
Experience Daystar Center in all its diversity!
If you are already part of the Daystar Center community, we invite you to come and support the community’s ongoing mission of building community.
If you are new to the Daystar Center, we invite you to come and experience a taste of who we are.
We look forward to celebrating the Daystar Center’s accomplishments and future with you!
Schedule for the Evening
6:00pm – Silent Auction and Cocktail Hour – Some fabulous art for viewing and bidding. Sangria from Tapas Valencia and coffee service from Overflow Coffee Bar.
7:00pm – Dinner and Dessert – Dinner from Tapas Valencia and Desserts from Delightful Pastries and Overflow Coffee Bar.
Here’s a preview of the menu:
- Patatas con Alioli – Robust garlic potato salad with mayonnaise and fresh parsley
- Gambas Marinadas – Chilled marinated tiger shrimp served with a trio of sauces: tomato brandy, cumin, and alioli
- Jamón Serrano con Queso – Imported Serrano ham with Manchego cheese, tomato, garlic and toast points
- Setas Salvajes – Medley of sautéed wild mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, Manchego cheese, and pine nuts on a romaine heart, drizzled with balsamic white wine vinaigrette
- Champinones Rellenos – Stuffed mushroom caps with sautéed spinach, garlic and a blend of Spanish cheeses
- Crepé Rellena – Crepes filled with goat cheese, spinach, apples and pine nuts with a pimiento sauce
- Pincho de Solomillo – Beef tenderloin brochettes grilled with cracked black pepper, served with carmelized red onions, horseradish sour cream and mashed potatoes
- Paella Mariscos – Shrimp, mussels, clams, scallops and calamari, baked in saffron rice with vegetables
7:45pm – Entertainment – Three Performances, Three Genres, One Theme: “Only in Chicago…”
Richelle Hennen & Mark Anderson – Spanish Art Song
Katrina Miller – Soul, Pop, Motown
David Boyle – Comedy, Storytelling
All are welcome, but tickets are required. Click here to RSVP A limited number of seats remain!
$125 for General Admission
$900 for a table of 8
(plus additional service fee)