Remember in 2006 when the skyline looked like this:
Look closely, how many cranes and partially built skyscrapers do you see? I think I can count seven cranes. Back then, 41 high-rises were under construction at the same time! Our skyline doesn’t look quite like that now, but it does sometimes seem that there is construction around every corner.
Curbed Chicago does a good job of keeping track of all the projects. Here is a roundup of what is going up in the Loop, lots of apartments as well as office buildings, parks, hotels and schools:
- Navy Pier Flyover to decrease congestion on the busiest section of the lakefront path.
- British School new South Loop campus.
- Hilton Garden Inn 27 stories to be squeezed between the Chicago Motor Club Building and the Church of Christian Scientists.
- Chicago Riverwalk extension.
- Arkadia Tower apartments in Greektown.
- Maggie Daley Park.
- OneEleven apartments at 111 W. Wacker delivery expected July 1.
- JeffJack LEED certified apartments at Jefferson and Jackson.
- 200 N Michigan a John Buck apartment project.
- River Point Plaza commercial high-rise.
- Wolf Point three tower project.