It’s no secret that one of the first stops the Stanley Cup made in Chicago was at the South Loop’s watering hole, Scout. The parade and rally are tomorrow and the rally will also be in the South Loop at Hutchinson Field in South Grant Park. Here is a map detailing the parade route and rally site.
The parade starts at 10:30 a.m. at Washington and Des Plaines and ends at Hutchinson Field for the rally, which is scheduled at 11:00 and will last for about 50 minutes. The stage will be located on the south end of the field and will face north toward the skyline.
Tommorrow is expected to be a hot day with a high of 79º. If you plan to attend the parade and/or rally please prepare! Here are a few tips:
- Take public transportation. Metra is offering a $5 ride pass for the event.
- If you will drive expect parking garages to be full by 9:00 a.m.
- Wear light-weight clothing, it will feel hotter than 79º in a crowd of people.
- Don’t forget sunscreen.
- Bring lots of water.
- Carry as little as possible, making sure your valuables are secure.
- Coolers and alcohol are prohibited.
- Backpacks may be searched, just leave it at home if you can.
- Do not walk or stand in the streets. The bus will be moving faster than in 2010.
- If you will not be attending you can watch the rally on CBS 2 and cbschicago.com. Coverage starts at 9:00 a.m.