To some the South Loop may seem like an artsy neighborhood due to the presence of the art school, Columbia College. However, beyond college the South Loop houses numerous art galleries.
This Friday the Greater South Loop Association is hosting its third annual art walk to bring neighbors together while highlighting these creative businesses.
The walk is from 6–9 p.m. and attendees can start at any participating venue. There will be a bus from Reggie’s Rock Club making stops at each gallery throughout the night. It costs $5 to ride the bus, otherwise the event is free. At 9:00 p.m. the bus will return to Reggie’s for an after party. Be sure to check in with a GSLA board member at any gallery for a coupon to M Lounge.
Click the image to visit the GSLA website for more information on the event and click here for a map.
- Elephant Room, 704 S. Wabash
- Brasserie by LM, 800 S. Michigan Purchase a $8 Kir Royale and $2 will go to the Lynn Sage Foundation
- Urban Remix, 1468 S. Michigan 15% discount on all art during the walk
- Framing Mode & Gallery, 1526 S. Wabash
- William H. Bigham Galleries, 1528 S. Wabash
- M Lounge, 1520 S. Wabash $2 off any drink purchase when you present your drink ticket obtained from a gallery. Receive a $10 gift certificate to use on a future visit.
- Overflow Coffee Bar, 1550 S. State Street
- Prairie Avenue Gallery, 1900 S. Prairie
- After party at Reggies, 2015 S. State Street Peelander-z playing at the joint, a very animated Japanese action comic punk band. A carnival freak show in the rock club featuring suspension artists, burlesque, and more. Cover charges apply.