The kitchen is said to be the heart of the home. This being the case it should also be a room that brings joy.
If your kitchen is starting to look outdated why not brighten it up a little? A few small touches may breathe life back into the room without breaking the budget.
- Paint is the designer’s go to quick fix for almost any room. Try painting your cabinets for an inexpensive change of mood.
- Change the cabinet pulls. This is a simple project that can be completed in an afternoon. It’s easy to find a variety of cabinet pulls in bulk. Why not buy some that match the handles on your appliances?
- Update your backsplash. There is good reason for the popularity in glass tile and metal backsplashes. They aren’t only pretty and reflect light, they are easy to wipe down and keep clean!
- Add storage. Do you have a decorative panel in front of your sink? Installing a tip-out tray makes use of the dead space and gives you additional storage for sponges or other little items.
- Add organization. Use drawer organizers for utensils and shelving systems for cabinets so you will always know where to find just what you need in a pinch.
- Fall in love with your kitchen again!