Before listing your home on the market you will want to draw out a strong marketing plan and make some preparations so you can hit the ground running. A typical marketing plan includes the following:
• Virtual tour taken for your property to be seen wherever your listing is posted.
• Listing displayed on multiple websites, such as Realtor.com (enhanced), Trulia, Craigslist, your agent’s brokerage, Chicago Tribune, and your agent’s personal website.
• Just Listed postcards mailed to the surrounding area.
• Printed flyers/brochures to give to prospective buyers.
• Open House (if building permits).
• For Sale signs (if building permits).
• Listing in your agent’s newsletter.
• Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest
Listing images and a virtual tour should be taken before listing the home. Then once it is listed you can share the link of the listing, including all of the great images, with your friends and family, while your agent spreads the news to everyone else.