Happy 4th of July!
Tomorrow the streets will likely be packed with Chicagoans enjoying the holiday and lovely weather we’ve been having. Many people will line the shore in anticipation of the Navy Pier fireworks display at 9:00 p.m.
Luckily for most of us in the South Loop one of the best places to view the fireworks is from the lawn at Adler Planetarium. Are you thinking of packing up your cooler and spending the day on the shore? Here is a list of some must-haves for a fun-filled day!
- Sunscreen! The temperature is expected to reach 97º
- Hat. The extra shade will help keep you cool and block some of the sun!
- Bug spray. Although there aren’t many mosquitos in the city you may be surprised at what will find you after a day in the grass by the water.
- Umbrella. Remember the rain storm we had on Sunday?
- Blankets to protect from grass stains.
- Games; frisbee, football, board games, anything that is both entertaining and social.
- Simple food. Foods that need to stay cold can quickly go bad in the heat. Opt for snacks that can be kept at room temperature like fruits, nuts, or chips.
- Ice and icepacks. Keep your beverages cool and consume any cold foods early in the day. Insulated water bottles are very handy too!
- Napkins and utensils.
- Cash for impulsive ice cream cones!
Have a wonderful holiday!