A quick and easy way to update the look of a home is to change out the old light switches and replace them with rocker switches. With their ease of use and sleek design rocker switches add a touch of elegance to any room.
Below is a video tutorial on how to replace simple light switches.
- Make sure the electricity to the switch is turned off!
- Remove the switch plate and unscrew the switch.
- Carefully loosen and unhook each wire (for a simple switch don’t worry about which wire was on top. A three-way switch is different. These instructions are for a simple switch only.)
- Notice which side is the top of the new switch.
- Wrap the wires around the screws on the new switch.
- Tighten the screws carefully assuring there are no stray wires and that all wires are secure and covered.
- Attach the new switch to the wall and straighten as you tighten the screws.
- Replace the switch plate.